Christmas List


Here are three simple items for my Christmas list this year:
To have more time with friends who have more faith than I do. It is wonderful to have a living,
breathing, walking example beside you as you walk through life. Faith-filled friends give a godly infection.
“Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you.” Philippians 3:17
Secondly, to get rid of everything doubtful in my life this year.
“Let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.”  2 Corinthians 7:1
I hope to avoid degrading and defiling entertainments and distractions that eat away at the life of the Spirit in me.
The third item is for mastery of my tongue.
“Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit.” 1 Peter 3:10
Here is a resolution for my kids to consider, a paraphrase of Jonathan Edwards’ statement in Religious Affections:

To maintain a conviction so clear as to induce me to venture forth with boldness, counting any problems insignificant in comparison to the joy of proclaiming Christ’s glory!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All His Children

The First Thanksgiving without My Mom

Works of Art